After the success of the two first editions held in 2010 & 2011, the Scientific Committee of the International Society of Antioxidants in Nutrition and Health (ISANH) decided to organize the 3rd World Congress on Targeting Mitochondria which will be held in Berlin in November 8-9, 2012.
Mitochondrial dysfunctions are associated with much pathology such as cancer, diabetes, neurodegenerative diseases, migraine, infertility, kidney diseases, liver diseases, toxicity of HIV drugs, aging…
It is becoming a necessity and an urge to know why and how to target mitochondria with bioactive molecules, drugs or nutrients in order to treat and prevent pathologies and chronic diseases.
During Targeting Mitochondria 2012, we will draw the attention to many contradictions and provide answers and perspectives of mitochondrial use as a target. The aim is also to highlight its applications and potential strategies in the prevention and treatment of many chronic diseases and pathologies.
Different sessions will be held:
- Mitochondrial dysfunctions in chronic diseases: recent advances and conclusions
- Devices & Mitochondria: Innovations & New Opportunities
- Methods and instruments to evaluate Drugs, Cosmetic, Nutraceutical & Nutrients’ efficacy on Mitochondria
- Srategies to target mitochondria : Recent Clinical data and potential Therapeutic Studies
- The Mitochondria Engineering concept: Challenges & Limits
The Scientific Committee of Targeting Mitochondria 2012 selected two hot topics for 2012 edition:
- Mito-Devices: Innovations & New Opportunities
- Mito-Engineering: Challenges & Limits
Targeting Mitochondria 2012 will be the best occasion to gather all specialists to clarify the huge amount of information and confront the different school of thoughts.