Un nano-photosensibilisateur multifonctionnel a été utilisé pour l’ablation photodynamique ciblant les mitochondries des cellules cancéreuses…
Glycation 2016: The questions ?
Marvin Edeas, Institut Cochin – INSERM U1016, University Paris Descartes, France was interviewed about Glycation Conference 2016.
As chairman of the scientific committee and speaker at glycation 2016, he wish to share with you many strategic questions about the important impact of glycation in health and diseases.
« My field of interest is to study the relationship between mitochondria and microbiota (Pathog. Dis, 2016)
Actually, we investigate in clinical study many factors who can affect this intriguing relationship and may alter the Mitochondria-Microbiota Homeostasis such as oxidative stress, redox modulators and inflammation. We look to reinforce and protect mitochondria to provide the adequate energy and respect also the quality and diversity of gut microbiota.
The advanced glycation end products is one strategic target in our study. We try to clarify How they affect mitochondria and microbiota homeostasis ? There effects on oxidative stress, Redox status, genes expressions, inflammation, metabolism, ATP production and how they shape the gut and skin microbiota ?
During the 2 days of glycation 2016, we will highlight the following points:
- Can AGE inhibitors will be a potential strategy for the prevention of lifestyle-related diseases such as diabetic complications ?
- Can AGE inhibitors be used as a pharmaceutical drugs or dietary supplements?
- What is the importance and level of contribution of food-derived advanced glycation end products to the body pool of AGEs ?
- Can they increase oxidative stress, modulate redox signaling pathway, affect genes expression ?
- What is the impact on Mitochondria and cellular metabolism ?
- What is the impact on our gut microbiota ? Can AGEs affect the diversity and quality of our microbiota ?
- The inhibition of advanced glycation end-products by daily meals is myth or reality?
What is next ?
You can share with us your opinion, though and questions which I can diffuse to the scientific committee. »
Marvin Edeas, Chairman of Glycation 2016